Website Research

I have began looking at websites in order to fully investigate what is possible with web design. The client already has quite a good grasp of web design and has discussed with me designing some aspects of the website in flash. We must quite a lot into consideration when designing for web, web safe fonts and colours, make sure it works on all browsers and is their flash player necessary? I think it might be a good idea to use a splash page like the one below before entering the site to function as instruction and as a notice board for urgent messages and last minute gig dates.



He gave me a list of a few artists which he likes and thinks that his band is similar to so I got started by looking at those artists and what makes them so appealing. More posts follow showing my screenshots and findings