Internet Research (Recipe Book)

I began some research into formats and colour use within small print formats as a starting point for my recipe book brief. I am going to look at a lot of recipe books in order to see how they have changed over past decades as I have seen some beautiful old ones before the use of computers that I think I can dig up.

Below is some research into utilising coloured stock and limited colour pallets, this works really well and would keep the design simple and cheap to produce. The solid colour and difference in texture can often make this sort of print more appealing than a regular four colour print.










I am considering using one or two colours throughout the booklet(maybe a variety of stocks) to keep the booklet simple and looking more graphic and enjoyable to everyone anywhere. Photographs in cook books often feel a bit cheesy and don't always look very good unless photographed with great time and care. I don't have easy access to the ingredients that I will be using images of so I have decided to use illustrations in order to make it exactly clear what it looks like to people who are going to forage for it.




This isn't a recipe book of any sort, how ever I am considering producing a small book and using one or two colours effectively and this is quite an interesting piece of print.






I had a quick look on flicker for recipe books to see if there was any other graphic design students ideas or anything else that might come up and I found this one which uses simple vector illustrations and two colours throughout. It's a shame there's no pictures of it printed but it's got some nice ideas for laying out the type. A few of the pages need improvement but I think it's a work in progress.