Print and Production Finishes for Sustainable Design

I recently raided the college library for a lot of books on sustainable and eco friendly design techniques and products for inspiration for my 'Eco Gallery' brief. I found tonnes of helpfu information and examples of the best eco design out there at the minute. I plan on trying and testing some of these techniques in a few of my ideas.

Brilliant business card ideafrom Simon Winter.
Eco friendly branding with good use of stock and low ink coverage.
This page layout for a annual zine was based upon a brilliant concept. Printed onto paper with seeds embedded in the paper so that the zine itself need not be dumped. The paper is biodegradable allowing the page to be planted and a flower emerge from the ground. A great way of recyling and perfect for the article topic.

VAG strikes again with this branding for 'forever wood'. The circular shapes replicated through the type and printed in two colours create an effective eco friendly identity that can be applied beautifully to a range of material.

I love this idea to re use the packaging from a light bulb as a lamp shade. I plan on creating something similar featuring the identity for my eco gallery as one of the promotional products to go along with more typical graphic products such as invites, posters and guides etc.